When you’re just starting out in content creation it can be really easy to become disheartened. You’ve been streaming to zero viewers, your YouTube videos have ten views, and you’re starting question if there is any point to continuing. Well let me be the first to tell you: Keep Going! You’re doing great, these things take time. Nothing worth doing is easy and if you keep going you’ll see benefit from your hard work.
What you need to do is build you’re inner optimist! I’ve got seven tips to help you build a positive attitude. Then a list of benefits optimism can provide so you’ll see that a little optimism can go a long way.
7 Ways to Build Your Inner Optimist
1) Set realistic goals and expectations for yourself.
Setting goals is an important part of driving yourself to achieve more, just make sure that you don’t set goals that are a extreme.
2) Remember that you are human, we all have imperfections.
We all make mistakes, that is a key part of learning and growing. The trick is to not let these mistakes define you.
3) Manage the present so you can create a brighter future.
There are a great many things that are out of our control and that’s ok. Nobody knows what the future holds for us, so we should focus on the now and what we can control. This will help us to layout the groundwork for a better future.
4) Don’t give into the feeling of lost and hopeless.
When nothing is going your way and none of your plans seem to be working, It’s easy to fall into the trap of hopelessness. Don’t give into this feeling (its the path to the darkside) all it will do is drag you down and keep you from doing great things.
5) Be true to yourself.
You are amazing. Hands down, no doubt about it. Don’t ever let others make you feel like you need to try and be somebody else. Self love is major step in building a positive outlook on life.
6) Network with people who show optimism in their daily lives.
Surround yourself with like minded individuals. Positive attitudes are contagious, so when you’re around other optimists you’ll find the positivity grows.
7) Believe in your dreams.
You’re dreams are amazing and you’ll achieve them. But if I’ve learned anything from Disney its that wishing for your dreams can only take you so far, you have to work for them too.
30 Benefits of Optimism
- Have a reason for living.
- Reduce your stress level.
- Live longer.
- Control your emotions.
- Promote happiness.
- Promote self respect and integrity
- Boost coping skills in order to combat life’s struggles.
- Forge persistence.
- Create a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction.
- Promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Increase your productivity.
- Deal with failure constructively.
- Develop patience.
- Become proactive.
- Increases the likelihood of effective problem solving.
- Have peace of mind.
- Create a positive attitude.
- Increase your tolerance levels.
- Increase your level of motivation.
- Create positive expectations.
- Set a positive mood for the day.
- Promote positive relationships.
- Build resilience in the face of adversity.
- Promote self confidence and boosts self esteem.
- Build stronger bonds between individuals.
- Promote forgiveness.
- Enhance communication.
- Increase your mental flexibility.
- Develop your self expression.
- Improve your physical and mental well being.
This is by no means a comprehensive list. There are so many things that you can do to improve your outlook on life. We can change the world by making it a more positive place to live in.
Can you think of any more ways to improve your inner optimist? Let me know in the comments below.